7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver
Monumental Sound & Vision Delivered Without Comprise
Upgrades to the TX-RZ820 Network A/V Receiver—our THX® Certified Select™ 7.2-channel flagship—result in genuinely spectacular sonic performance. Dynamic Audio Amplification delivers instantaneous high-current power to full-scale speakers for thrilling energy and lifelike transient response across a wide 5 Hz–100 kHz spectrum. VLSC™ on all channels and non-phase-shift circuitry clarify details floating in three-dimensional space. Multi-room network and analog audio, including streaming over Chromecast built-in* and DTS Play-Fi®*, are served to NCP-302 wireless speakers via FireConnect™ powered by Blackfire. Powered and pre-/line audio distribution adds app-controllable audio in up to three zones simultaneously. Decoding Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™, the receiver also supports Dolby Vision™, HDR10, HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma), and BT.2020 video pass-through, and is set up for custom installs. Simply, it’s the no-compromises 7.2-channel powerhouse you’ve been waiting for.
- THX® Certified Select™ Reference Sound
- Dynamic Audio Amplification with 180 W/Ch, 5 Hz–100 kHz Frequency Response, and VLSC™ On All Channels
- Supports 5.2.2-Channel Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ Playback
- 7 HDMI® Inputs (1 Front*1) / Main Out/Zone 2 Out Supporting Dolby Vision™, HDR10, HLG, and 4K/60p Pass-through and HDCP 2.2
- Ready for Chromecast built-in*2 and DTS Play-Fi®*2
- 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi®, AirPlay, Spotify®, TIDAL, Deezer, Pandora®*3, TuneIn*4
- FireConnect™*5 Wireless Multi-room Audio, Powered Zone 2, Zone 2/3 Pre-/Line Outs, and 7.2-Channel Pre-Outs
- THX Certified Select for Theater-Reference Volume and Sound Quality
- HDMI Terminals Supporting Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG, BT.2020, 4K/60 Hz Pass-through, and HDCP 2.2
- Zone 2 HDMI (4K/60 Hz/HDCP 2.2) for Distributed Video
- Supports 5.2.2-Channel Dolby Atmos Playback and Dolby Surround Upmixing
- DTS:X Object-based Audio Reproduction and DTS Neural:X™ Upmixing for Legacy Soundtracks
- AccuEQ Room Acoustic Calibration with AccuReflex Phase Alignment for Dolby Atmos-enabled Speakers
- Ready for Onkyo Controller App Integrated Multi-room Intuitive Operation*6
- 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi for Stable Network Connection
- Features Chromecast built-in Wireless Audio Streaming Platform
- DTS Play-Fi Shares Music from Apps to Receiver and Wireless Speakers
- AirPlay Audio Streaming from iTunes and iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
- Supports Hi-Res Audio Including Direct DSD 11.2 MHz*7, DSD 5.6 MHz/2.8 MHz*7, 192 kHz/24-bit FLAC, WAV, AIFF, and ALAC, and Dolby® TrueHD*8
- Supports Spotify, TIDAL, TuneIn, Pandora, and Deezer Services
- FireConnect™ Multi-room Network and Analog Audio Distribution to Supported Wireless Speakers*9
- Powered Zone 2 Speaker Outputs and Zone 2/3 Pre-/Line Output with Dedicated DAC Supporting Network, S/PDIF, HDMI, and Analog Audio*10
- 7.2-Channel Pre-Outs, 12 V Trigger-Out, and IR Input
- Bluetooth® Wireless Technology for Mobiles, Laptops, and PCs (Version 4.1 + LE, Profile: A2DP v1.2, AVRCP v1.3)
- Supports Front L/R Channel Bi-Amping in 5.2-Ch Speaker Layout
- Advanced Music Optimizer Improves Compressed Digital Audio Quality, Including Bluetooth Audio
- 480i De-interlacing (480i to 480p) for Legacy Video Formats
- Dynamic Audio Amplification System with 5 Hz–100 kHz Frequency Response
- H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply) EI Transformer
- VLSC™ (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) Noise-filtering Technology for All Channels
- Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry
- Non-Phase-Shift Amplification Circuitry for Clarity and Detail
- Discrete Output Stage Circuitry for Low Distortion
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X Reproduction (5.2.2 Channels)
- HDMI Support for 4K/60 Hz, HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision, 3D, Audio Return Channel (ARC), DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DSD, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD (SACD), Multichannel PCM, and CEC
- AKM (AK4458) 384 kHz/32-bit Multichannel DAC
- PLL (Phase Locked Loop) Jitter-Cleaning Circuit Technology for S/PDIF Audio
- 32-bit Digital Signal Processing
- THX Listening Modes for Movies, Music, and Games
- DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG
- Theater-Dimensional Virtual Surround Function
- Direct Mode for Audio Reproduction Close to Original Source Quality
- Front L/R Tone Controls (Bass/Treble) and Independent Zone 2 and Zone 3 Tone, Balance, and Volume Controls
- 7 HDMI Inputs (6 Rear, 1 Front), Main Out, and Zone 2 Output
- Powered USB Port (5 V, 1 A) for Audio Playback
- 2 Composite Video Inputs
- 2 Component Video Inputs
- 3 Digital Audio Inputs (2 Optical and 1 Coaxial)
- 6 Analog Audio Inputs
- Phono Input (MM) and Equalizer for Turntable
- 7.2-Channel Pre-Outs
- 2 Subwoofer Pre-Outs
- LAN Input with IP Control Support for Home Automation Systems and Setup via a Connected PC
- RS-232 Serial Input for External Control Commands
- 12 V Trigger Out (Main, 100 mA) for External Component Control Integration
- IR Input for Remote Control
- 6.35 mm Headphone Jack (Front)
- Speaker Posts with Screw Knobs
- 3.5 mm Speaker Setup Mic Input and Microphone
- Aluminum Front Panel, Volume Control, and Flap Door
- Crossover Adjustment for Each Channel (40 ⁄ 50 ⁄ 60 ⁄ 70 ⁄ 80 ⁄ 90 ⁄ 100 ⁄ 120 ⁄ 150 ⁄ 180 ⁄ 200 Hz)
- A/V Sync Control (Up to 500 ms in 5 ms Steps at 48 kHz)
- Graphical User Interface with Overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) via HDMI
- Quick Setup Guide via GUI and Easy Connection Diagram on Rear Panel
- Economical HDMI Pass-through and Network Standby Functions
- 3-Mode Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
- 40 FM/RDS and AM Random Presets
- Rack-mounting Kit (Optional)
- Full-sized Simple Remote Control
- Power Output: 180 W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 Channel Driven, IEC)
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz–100 kHz/+1 dB, -3 dB (Direct Mode)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 201.5 x 395 mm
- Weight: 14.0 kg
- *1 HDMI Front Input does not support 4K/60p/4:4:4/24-bit video, HDR10, Dolby Vision, HLG, or BT.2020.
- *2 Requires a future firmware update.
- *3 Pandora available in Australia and New Zealand only.
- *4 Availability of services may vary with region. Please confirm before purchase. Subscription may also be required.
- *5 FireConnect™ is a technology based on Blackfire provided by Blackfire Research Corp., USA. Sampling rates of 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz are supported.
- *6 For iOS and Android™ devices. Please check App Store or Google Play™ for device and OS requirements.
- *7 DSD not supported over wireless LAN.
- *8 Dolby TrueHD playback via USB input only.
- *9 Sharing audio from external analog inputs depends on the model and is enabled with a future firmware update.
- *10 Audio distribution via S/PDIF or HDMI not supported in Zone 3.